My Reviews

Friday, June 20, 2014

Graceling (Graceling Realm #1) by Kristin Cashore

Katsa has been able to kill a man with her bare hands since she was eight - she's a Graceling, one of the rare people in her land born with an extreme skill. As niece of the king, she should be able to live a life of privilege, but Graced as she is with killing, she is forced to work as the king's thug.

When she first meets Prince Po, Graced with combat skills, Katsa has no hint of how her life is about to change.

She never expects to become Po's friend.

She never expects to learn a new truth about her own Grace - or about a terrible secret that lies hidden far away..







My Thoughts:


This book took me by complete surprise. I didn't expect to love it even half as much as I did. I'm not a huge lover of fantasy because honestly, I've only ever read a few fantasy books, so I was a little skeptical about this book but I loved it. I enjoyed far more than I was expecting to!

I really enjoyed Katsa as a character. At first when she comes in she's kind of cold and doesn't have very many feelings because she's her uncles hitman, basically. Then she meets Po. Gosh, I love Po! He's warm, hilarious and just so adorable. I loved him so much! Him and Katsa were great together, they make an awesome team. I also enjoyed a lot of the side characters. I liked how strong and defiant Bitterblue was even though she was 10 and I loved Raffin!

I was just immediately sucked into this world and loved it so much. I read this book in one day and stayed up late to finish it. There were lots of plot twists and so many things happened, this book really was never a dull moment!

Overall, I loved Graceling so much! It really makes me want to read more fantasy and I've already picked up the sequel, Fire which doesn't follow Katsa and Po but I still can't wait to read it! I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys fantasy or is looking to start getting more into it!

Rating: 5/5 Stars







No comments:

Post a Comment