My Reviews

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Review; Wild by Alex Mallory

Synopsis; In this action-packed and timely "Tarzan for the digital age," Cade, a teen raised in the wilderness, is brought into modern civilization.

The forest is full of secrets, and no one understands that better than Cade. Foraging, hunting, surviving-that's all he knows. Alone for years, Cade believes he's the sole survivor. At least, until he catches a glimpse of a beautiful stranger...

Dara expected to find natural wonders when she set off for a spring break camping trip. Instead, she discovers a primitive boy-he's stealthy and handsome and he might be following her. Intrigued, Dara seeks him out and sets a catastrophe in motion.

Thrust into society, Cade struggles with the realization that the life he knew was a lie. But he's not the only one. Trying to explain life in a normal town leaves Dara questioning it.

As the media swarm and the police close in, Dara and Cade risk everything to get closer. But will the truth about Cade's past tear them apart?
 



My Thoughts;  


Wild is a retelling of Tarzan which of course immediately intrigued me as soon as I heard about it! I absolutely adore retellings and since I've never read a Tarzan one, I knew I had to get my hands on this one. 

I really loved the focus on Cade's life and seeing his reaction to so many new things. I loved that it was realistic, that when he was being introduced to the world he thought it was scary and unknown, he didn't like it. It was very realistic that being introduced to something so new and so vastly different to everything he knows that he'd be scared of it, especially the way people treated him in this town and the media. I really felt for him! His story really tore at my heart. 

The pacing in this book is pretty slow, it's not super action packed but pretty character driven. I really loved learning about Cade's past and seeing Dara introduce him to civilization. The plot does have a little romance, but it's very much in the background! I loved that the romance didn't overpower the main plot and that the romance felt really natural, Cade and Dara had great chemistry! 

Overall, Wild was a great modern retelling of Tarzan! If you love retellings and a good contemporary, I'd recommend you give this a try! 

No comments:

Post a Comment