My Reviews

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Dewey's 24 Hour Read-A-Thon Wrap Up!

This Read-A-Thon started at 3am for me, but unfortunately I fell asleep a couple hours before that and was a little late starting it! I was also a lot busier on the day of the readathon than I expected to be.

So, I only managed to read 2 books during the readathon, and only one of them was actually on my planned TBR.


The first book I finished for the readathon was Divergent by Veronica Roth













The day before the readathon, Friday, I went and saw the movie before I had even read the book (I know, it's bad don't judge me!) I have the movie cover edition and I was going to buy the box set and wait until I had that to read the series then see the movie after, but my sister really wanted to see the movie and I still haven't gotten the box set in the mail yet, so I went and saw it with her before reading this first. But, the movie was so awesome that it encourage to just read the one I have instead of waiting, so I did... and it was awesome! I seriously don't know why I put off reading the series for so long, one of the reasons was because I was spoiled for Allegient but I'm so glad I finally read this book because I loved it! I will be posting a full review soon.


The next book I managed to finish was Pure (Covenant #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout














This was a perfect book to read for the readathon because it's fast paced, action packed and a pretty quick read. I didn't love this one as much as I loved the first book, Half-Blood, but I still really did enjoy it! I wish there had been a lot more Aiden in it, though. I was slightly disappointed at the lack of Aiden in this book, but I understand why he wasn't in it as much. Full review to come soon!


So those are the 2 books I managed to read during this readathon! I didn't get to the other 2 I had planned to read but that's okay! Comment below if you guys participated in this readathon and tell me what you guys read!









No comments:

Post a Comment