My Reviews

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Summary: The Hematoi descend from the unions of gods and mortals, and the children of two Hematoi pure bloods have godlike powers. Children of Hematoi and mortals--well, not so much. Half-bloods only have two options: become trained Sentinels who hunt and kill daimons or become servants in the homes of the pures. Seventeen-year-old Alexandria would rather risk her life fighting than waste it scrubbing toilets, but she may end up slumming it anyway. There are several rules that students at the Covenant must follow. 
Alex has problems with them all, but especially rule #1:Relationships between pures and halfs are forbidden. Unfortunately, she's crushing hard on the totally hot pure-blood Aiden. But falling for Aiden isn't her biggest problem--staying alive long enough to graduate the Covenant and become a Sentinel is. If she fails in her duty, she faces a future worse than death or slavery: being turned into a daimon, and being hunted by Aiden. And that would kind of suck.


My Thoughts: 

So, after rereading the Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout I was still in the mood for her fast paced, witty, kick ass stories, so I decided to pick this series up! This book reminded me a lot of Vampire Academy, but I loved Vampire Academy and haven't read it in a few years, so I really loved that!

This book was really awesome, although Jennifer L. Armentrout wrote it soI didn't expect anything less! It had the perfect mix of fighting, romance, wit, humour and fantastic characters! Plus, Greek gods! This book is just awesomeness all around. It was fast-paced, action packed and the entire time I was reading it, I just did not want to put it down! 


I left like Alex was really easy to relate to and I loved her as the main character. When it comes to boys and her emotions she's just a normal teenage girl, and I loved that. I really liked how determined she was to keep her emotions hidden and pretend she wasn't hurting on the inside even though she was because it just showed how determined she was to become a Sentinel, I really admire her determination. Another character I loved was Aiden. I think he is most definitely not in my top favorite book boyfriends. He was so sweet, caring and also a badass all at the same time. Even though Alex tried to hide how she was really feeling inside he could still tell she wasn't fine, no matter how many times he told her she was. 


Overall, Half-Blood is an amazing novel that you should most definitely read! It's fast-paced, action packed, hilarious, with just a smidge of romance and has kick-ass characters! What more could you want? Seriously, read it! 


Rating: 4.5/5 Stars!






No comments:

Post a Comment