My Reviews

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Deity (Covenant #3) by Jennifer L. Arementrout

“History is on repeat, and things didn’t go so well the last time. “
Alexandria isn’t sure she’s going to make it to her eighteenth birthday–to her Awakening. A long-forgotten, fanatical order is out to kill her, and if the Council ever discovers what she did in the Catskills, she’s a goner… and so is Aiden.
If that’s not freaky enough, whenever Alex and Seth spend time “training”–which really is just Seth’s code word for some up-close and personal one-on-one time–she ends up with another mark of the Apollyon, which brings her one step closer to Awakening ahead of schedule. Awesome.
But as her birthday draws near, her entire world shatters with a startling revelation and she’s caught between love and Fate. One will do anything to protect her. One has been lying to her since the beginning. Once the gods have revealed themselves, unleashing their wrath, lives will be irrevocably changed… and destroyed.
Those left standing will discover if love is truly greater than Fate…





My Thoughts: *Contains spoilers from the previous books*


This series seriously only just gets better and better with each book I read. This one is most definitely my favorite of this series, and considering how much I loved the other books, you can imagine how good this one was.

The thing I loved the most about this book was there was a lot more Aiden! I love Aiden St.Delphi so much, my love for him just grows and grows with every book I read of him. This book was unputdownable, it was so fast-paced and action packed, there was always something happening, always something going on and I loved it! 

Alex has gone through a lot of character development and she has really come a long way since the first book, Half-Blood. She's still a super kick-ass heroine but she's matured a lot more and I find her to be a really admirable character. She's definitely one of my favorite heroins. She is such a strong character, especially with how much she's gone through and how much she has to go through every single day. 

We see a lot more of both Seth and Aiden in Deity. We get to see a softer side to Aiden and I loved finding out more about him and his backstory to how he chose to become a Sentinel. We get to see that Aiden is a more deeper and complex character than he seems to be, which of course, just made me love him even more than before. I am anxiously awaiting for him and Alex to get their happy ending, I want them both to be happy together so bad. I think they're perfect together and they both deserve their happy ending. 

Now, Seth pissed me off a lot in this book. Like, a lot. I think he's a great character, he's kick-ass and hilarious, but he was a huge douche in this book, to be honest. I understand why he was being one, and you'll see why in the book but he still frustrated me and got on my nerves a lot. I still don't think Alex and him would work well together because all they have together is desire and that's all. You do get to see more of Seth's backstory in Deity also. Even though Seth pissed me off in this book I still also want to see him get his happy ending. 

Things get seriously crazy in this book! So many things happened in this book and there were so many insane twists that I didn't see coming! Nobody is trustworthy in this book and no one is who they say are. 

Overall, Deity is my favorite of this series and it was fantastic! Things just get crazier and crazier, so much happens and there's so many twists. I couldn't put this book down, I stayed up until 2am finishing it, but it was completely worth it! If you haven't read this series yet, do it now!





No comments:

Post a Comment